Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting to Know You - Week Four

Me with James L. Rubart
I have a stack of books awaiting my review sitting on my shelf. Book reviews are something I've enjoyed doing for the past couple of years. Unfortunately, I've come to a point where reading has become more work than pure enjoyment. As a result, I'm going to finish up the stack of books I have to review and take time off from reviewing so I can read for pleasure again.

If I read a book that I feel absolutely needs a review (because it is so incredibly great), I will post one. My book review postings won't be as frequent as they have been. If you'd like to keep up with my thoughts on the books I read, I encourage you to visit my GoodReads profile. I will post about them there.

Me with Steven James
Since books are on my brain this week, I thought we could get to know what we love to read. So, what are your favorite types of books? Who are some of your favorite authors? Is there a book (or are there a few) that have become companions to your Bible?

 I love to read both fiction and non-fiction. In fiction, I love to read contemporary women's fiction and thrillers. My absolute favorite fiction author is James L. Rubart. My favorite non-fiction author is Mary DeMuth. Here is a list of some of my favorite books (they'd all make great Christmas gifts, by the way):


Gina Holmes and Me
Rooms by James L. Rubart
Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes
Things Left Unspoken by Eva Marie Everson
The Bishop by Steven James
Anything written by DiAnn Mills

Everything by Mary DeMuth
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Captivating by Staci and John Eldredge
Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs

Writing the Breakout Novel by Donal Maass
Unleash the Writer Within by Cecil Murphey

DiAnn Mills, Me, & Yvonne Lehman
The three books that have become my Bible's companions are Everything by Mary DeMuth, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, and Captivating by John and Staci Elderedge.

So, what do you love to read? Who are your favorite authors? I can't wait to get to know you more! Please share your thoughts in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Still loving this get to know you series! It's so fun to find out more about the things we'd just never think to share in the midst of life and writing. So... books. Companions to my Bible: not a book - I'd rather have BlueLetterBible.org open on my laptop so I can look up context and language of passages I'm reading. Fiction: Jennifer Weiner. Love the way she brings women's minds and worlds to life in words. Non-fiction: John Eldredge. He's such a dreamer, such a big picture guy. His books get me out of the mundane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!