Saturday, December 3, 2011

Book Review - The Names of God Bible

Something inside of me jumped when I was offered the opportunity to review The Names of God Bible. I have both of Ann Spangler's Praying the Names of... books, and I love getting to know Jesus and God by getting to know the meaning behind their many names.

The Names of God Bible has some great features:

Introductions to the books of the Bible: These are some of the best introductions I've ever read. I love the authors' conversational language. I don't feel like I'm reading a textbook on the particular book, but a true introduction to it. Each introduction ends by listing the key names of God or Jesus in each particular book. 

Name Pages: These identify one name of God or Jesus and introduce the reader to that aspect of God's character. The definition of each name is given and expounded upon. I found incredible encouragement when reading through these. I was reminded of God's endearing love for His creation and His people. Each name page also includes a devotion, key scriptures, and a prayer. 

Calling God by Name Sidebars: These notes are about people from Scripture, a brief description of who they were, and a couple of the names they used when referring to God.

I really enjoyed having the opportunity to experience The Names of God Bible. Reading the Word of God is a highly important part of my daily life, as I find myself experiencing a much deeper relationship with Go'el (my Redeemer & Defender) and Yeshua (my Savior) when I do so frequently.

Although reading His Word is one way to remain close to Him, praying is equally important. To develop a closer relationship with your Savior, consider adding this wonderful resource and Ann's books to your Christmas wish list. You won't be disappointed. You'll only go deeper.



Ann Spangler is an award-winning writer whose fascination with the Bible has resulted in books that have opened the Bible to a wide range of readers. She is the author or coauthor of several bestselling books, including Praying the Names of God, Praying the Names of Jesus, Women of the Bible, and Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus. Together, her books have sold nearly 3 million copies. She has held senior positions at two Christian publishing houses and lives with her two daughters in Michigan.

Please note: I received a copy of this Bible from the publisher for review. However, I am under no obligation to provide a positive review. But I do, because I admire the incredible work that went into this project and the amazing quality of the item that was produced as a result of that work. I also simply love exploring the names of God. Because I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!