Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday {in focus} ~ Surviving Chaos

 
Sometimes life gets crazy. Things spin out of our control and chaos ensues. We desperately reach out and try to grab for those things, struggling to pull them all back in so we can organize them to fit perfectly into our day and find peace again.

And God doesn't let us.

Because He wants us to know, to come to realize, to understand that He has it all under control. It's His way of showing us that He is God and we are not. It's His way of saying, "You've got to trust Me."

I'm a control freak. I know it. God knows it. I like things neat and orderly and working properly. I don't like chaos, loud noises, and messes. I've learned that life isn't always going to go as I'd like it to. I have to take each day one at a time so I can allow God to show me those things He wants me to let go of in order to focus on what He has in store for me to do.

Sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture of eternity, taking our eyes off of the details of the day and allowing God to move us out of our comfort zone. What is God showing you today? What do you need to do for His kingdom, and what part of your world do you need to give up to make room to get it done?

Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
~ Luke 12:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!