Saturday, May 11, 2013

Book Review: Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle

Warning: Do not drink anything while reading this book. You'll be reading, and all of a sudden, in the middle of a paragraph, you'll bust out laughing.

I loved reading Sparkly Green Earrings. Melanie Shankle brings humor and nuggets of simple wisdom into the topic of motherhood. Her writing is honest and real. 


If she and I lived next door to one another, we'd be best friends (and so would our husbands). Oh how much to have in common! I think the only thing I didn't have in common with her is the number of kids we have. (She has one. I have four plus one.)

I highly recommend this memoir. By the time you finish reading, you'll be saying, "Oh. So I'm NOT the only one." And it'll be a book you'll pick up again and again just to remind yourself that.


Here's a peek at her back cover copy:

It's not easy, but someone has to do it (written in sparkly green cursive - classic!). Okay, Y'all. Here' the thing about motherhood. Before I had a child of my own, it was super easy. I had a lot of opinions about the right way to discipline, the way my child would dress, and how she would never throw a fit in public or embarrass me at the grocery store. I also believed the entire experience would be sweet and clean and beautiful, like one of those baby lotion commercials. (Bless my heart.)

Want to read more? Find your dose of Mother's Day humor here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
CBD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!