Thursday, December 13, 2012

Countdown to Christmas - Day 13

"Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.'
When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was."
- Matthew 2:1,2,9

Wise men still seek Him. It's one of my favorite Christmas sayings, and I find I lean toward Christmas cards with camels and rich men on their faces. Because I want to be considered to dwell among the wise. I want to seek the Lord in every minute of every day of my life, so long as I draw breath. And, I look forward to the day I will be able to look upon His face with my own two eyes. 

Until then, I continue to seek Him in His word, in truth, in light, as I follow His lead. Do you?

Lord, help me to see Your everlasting light every waking moment of my days. I know that they are numbered, and I only wish to serve You in them. Help me to know You just as the wise men knew You were their King. Thank You, God, for sending Your Son, Jesus, to be with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!