Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Day 2 - A Day at the Airport

Photo Copyright Alycia W. Morales

Today, I am thankful for the gift of flight. It's wonderful being able to travel long distances in short amounts of time.  Especially when one lives so far from family.

I love to fly. Take off and landing still make me nervous, and I always pray the plane I'm on stays in the air as it's supposed to. I also pray that the birds stay out of the path of the plane. However, I love to soar above the clouds and look down upon God's creation.

If you sit next to me on the plane, you can count on my camera coming out at least once during the flight. Wing shots tend to be my favorite, but I love cloud shots like the following, as well.

Photo Copyright Alycia W. Morales
I love layovers. It's time for me to observe people and all our idiosycracies, as well as to write. I can concentrate in airports better than I can at home, where my four children are a constant distraction and pose many interruptions.

Well, I'm off on another trip! Have a blessed day, and don't forget to share what you're thankful for today.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one who loved layovers! It really is a choice people watching place. So many cute interactions, so many harried people that inspire blog posts, so many people to pray for. I particularly like sitting next to families with kids who I suspect have special needs (like the 10 year old who's getting agitated and the mom keys in to help them find calm.... people like our family). It's fun to smile and tell them they're not alone, and that they're doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!