Saturday, October 13, 2012

Book Review - When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason

A gentle edge. That's what I think of when I read Lynette Eason's suspense novels. She keeps you on the edge of your seat, but her words have a gentle tone to their suspense. The killer is sick, but quietly so. The characters are nervous, but not frantically so. This makes for that gentle edge.

In When a Heart Stops, Serena Hopkins, medical examiner. Not much bothers her until a serial killer begins killing her high school classmates and leaving notes. As she and FBI agent Dominic Allen begin to work the case together, her life is threatened. Are the notes for her? Are they for someone else? And what, exactly, do they mean? What if Serena and Dominic can't catch the killer before they succeed in their threats against her life?

One coy killer is on the loose, and Lynette Eason will keep you flipping pages through the final chapter of the book to find out who it is. You'll think you'll know and then you'll doubt you're right.

Because this is a Deadly Reunion novel, you may wish to keep a list of character names. It's been awhile since I read When the Smoke Clears. Several of the cast from that are the same cast for When a Heart Stops. It took me a few chapters to figure out who everyone was again and how they were connected. Having a list of the characters' names would help keep them straight between the two books.

I always enjoy Lynette's stories. If you like suspense thrillers but don't like a lot of gore or blunt detail, you will enjoy her novels.

Available October 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

You could purchase your copy at one of the following retailers:
CBD
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

*Please note: I received a copy of When a Heart Stops from the publisher for review. I am in no way bound to providing a positive review of the novel. However, I enjoy books rather often, and Lynette Eason has written something I enjoy reading, so I give her my thumbs up and share my review with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!