Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jesus became my Everything when...

Two posts in one day. What are you going to do with me? ;)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;Fear the Lord and depart from evil." - Proverbs 3:5-7

As some of you know, I'm blessed to be a part of Mary DeMuth's launch team for her upcoming book, Everything. Part of the joy of being a team player is stepping out of comfort zones and doing things unexpected.

For two weeks I've prayed about my Jesus is my Everything video. For two weeks, I've pondered how to eloquently phrase my words. For two weeks I've thought about where to shoot this video, what background to use, and what to wear.

But it isn't really about me, is it? It's all about Jesus. Because He is my Everything. Here's how He came to be just that:

 

I tried to live my life as a unique individual, choosing my own direction, going down the road less chosen (can you quote Robert Frost). What I didn't realize is that every road I chose led to a Dead End. Lifelessness. Every ounce of my energy sucked away. Numb to pain and heartache, I never quit. I just kept going. And going. And going. Nowhere. On my way. My path. My destiny. Nowhere.

After awhile, I got tired of reaching Dead Ends. And I let Jesus become my all-in-all. My Everything. I decided I'd give His way a try. I'd let Him direct my steps. I'd let Him lead the way. He's been my Everything ever since, and the journey's been amazing.

Will you let Him be your Everything today?

 I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

If you'd like a shot at starring in Mary's Everything book trailer, you can follow the guidelines in her contest blog post. Hurry! Time's running out...

Mary's book releases October 16th. You can pre-order it now. Not sure if you want it? She's kindly provided sample chapters to help you make a decision. My prayer is that you will make Jesus your Everything and follow-up with a great read filled with incredible insight from a woman who's made Jesus her Everything.


3 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!