Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review - Fire and Ash by Anne Patrick


Sadie hasn’t been to her hometown of Emerald Springs in quite some time. When she’s called in to investigate a recent fire, she plans to get in, get the job done, and get back to life in Jefferson City.

Unfortunately, things are a bit more complicated than that, and she’s drawn into the investigation of arson with a murder. It appears the girl’s boyfriend is to blame, but he seems to have taken off. As the investigation deepens, Sadie’s own life is put in danger.

But she has a hero, one she’s not certain she wants to allow into her life and her past, at first. Quinn must overcome several obstacles in order to win Sadie’s heart. Will he win her hand, too?

I enjoyed reading Fire and Ash by Anne Patrick. Romance is woven throughout the investigation of an arson/murder case. Although the story isn’t heart pounding with suspense, Anne kept me guessing who the bad guy was until almost the end of the book. Quinn is a gentleman, and Sadie would have been out of her mind not to fall for him. I appreciated Anne’s writing. Sadie had her own issues to deal with, and she dealt with them honestly. Forgiving oneself is sometimes the most difficult thing to do. Sadie’s story is believable and touching.

The tone is sweet and the story maintains it throughout the book. I prefer my reading to be a little faster paced and a little more heart-pounding, but I did enjoy Fire and Ash. I give it three light bulbs.

To learn more about Anne Patrick and her novels, you can find her here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!