Friday, September 2, 2011

Journaling My Journey - Part Two

Welcome to part two of my journaling journey. I hope you continue to find encouragement  and insight in my posts. To find the original questions, please visit Marybeth Whalen's blog.

Question 6: What is the nicest thing someone has said to you recently? Why did the compliment matter to you?
Someone recently told me I was at the top of her list. The compliment mattered to me, because I see God's hand in it. God put me at the top of her list. I only walked in obedience and faith to get there...

Question 7: Do you ever feel like you’re not good enough, smart enough, or valuable enough?
Yes, there have been times in my life when I've felt this. Read my post here to see what I've come to understand on this very topic. And be sure to follow the question's link to find a great book to read on this very subject! 

Question 8: If you do these three things, your day is good. List the three things and write a bit about why those three things in particular make a better day.
First thing: Read God's word and pray. If I skip this step, my day feels unproductive (things don't seem to get completely finished), I lack patience with my children and other things, and I tend to feel sluggish or incompetent. I MUST read God's word in the morning.
Second thing: Hug my children and hubby. If I don't do this, I feel like I've missed out on an important part of my day. It's so much fun to draw them close and reassure them of my love.
Third thing: Encourage another woman. I think encouraging words, words of affirmation, is my primary love language. I know how much it means to me when a friend calls or leaves a message on Facebook to encourage me in my day. I love to do the same for others. Whether it's a phone call, a Facebook post, a promotion of something they've done, an encouraging card, or any other thing, I like to do something or tell someone how great they are and how blessed and honored I am to know them.

Question 9: What is the first thing you think about when you wake up each morning? Do you need to change that or are you good with where your thoughts run to?
The first thing I think about when I wake up each morning is what the day holds. I consider what is going on in my life and the lives of those around me, and I take it to the Lord. I'm usually inspired first thing in the morning. So I don't think I need to change that...for now.

Question 10: Fill in the blank: It's time for me to start _______                      .
Exercising regularly. Not sporadically or as I feel inclined to do so.

Now that I've answered the questions, is there one you could share an answer to? I'd love to hear your responses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!