Friday, August 26, 2011

Join Me in Journaling My Journey

Yesterday, we spoke about "journaling jitters." Today, I'd like to invite you to join me in journaling my journey by encouraging you to journal your own journey. (Is that a tongue twister, or what?)

Marybeth Whalen challenged her readers to journal throughout the month of August. I love Marybeth's blog, and her idea inspired me.


In good blogger company, I decided to take her up on her challenge. Throughout the next few weeks, I will post my answers to her journaling questions. My hope is that you will find encouragement for your own life in my answers. It is also my hope that you will join in the journaling. Feel free to post answers to the questions in my comments...or maybe even start a blog/journal of your own! 

Question 1: How do you want to be seen in ten years? 
I'd like to have a much deeper relationship with Jesus than I do now. I'd like to spend far more time in undistributed prayer, considering my children are still young now. I'd like Together Ministries to be full-speed-ahead and to be ministering to women and couples across the United States. I am confident God will use my husband and I to strengthen and solidify marriages via the ministry. On a personal work level, I would love to have at least two novels published, as well as many more articles, devotions, and such. Maybe a non-fiction book or two, as well. (It's good to set goals, isn't it?) I'd love to have watched my children grow into spiritually mature young men and a lady. 


Question 2: In ten years, what do you want to be known for? 
I'd like to be known for making a difference in the lives of women, directing them toward God's love and tender mercies, helping them to overcome the difficulties they face in life, as well as helping them overcome the things of their past. We have victory in Jesus! I'd also like to be known for being an excellent wife, the crown of my husband, and a loving and gentle mother who has nurtured her children into a healthy adulthood serving Christ. 

Question 3: What kind of personality do you want to have in ten years? How might you work on developing that between now and then? 
I'd like to develop a funnier sense of humor. I've been working on this for two years now. I practice on my husband, coming up with one liners and quick witted responses to his statements or jokes. I'd also like to have a gentler spirit without losing my strength. I have to remember to be wise as a serpent, but gentle as a dove when dealing with issues. 


Question 4: What do you want your family to look like in ten years? 
I want to see my children grown into men and a woman of God who serve the Lord and others with all of their beings. I want to see them living their lives in fullness. I'd also like to see them following their dreams. I'd like to be enjoying life with my husband as almost empty nesters, as my youngest will be 17 in ten years. I don't wish this time away, but I do look forward to what God has in store for my family. 

Question 5: What 3 things would you change about your life right now if you could? Why? 
I wouldn't change anything about my life right now, if I could, except to be out of debt. So I guess I'd want to change my spending habit, so I could get out of debt faster and be debt-free. Why? Because ministry is important to me. God's kingdom is important to me. And I can't pour as much into God's kingdom as I'd like when I'm trying to pay off those who I owe. But that's all I'd change, and I'm working on it right now in my life.

Now that you've read my answers, what are some of yours? I'd love to get to know you better! Don't be shy!

Photo Courtesy of Lynsey O'Donnell

2 comments:

  1. Great questions. For how would you like to be seen in 10 years?

    I would like to be seen as a Size 6! :-) Sorry - I couldn't resist. And I'm only partially kidding. I've actually been convicted about my eating/lifestyle habits - not in the sense of style or size, but from the standpoint of needing to take care of my temple so I can work to further the kingdom. I wouldn't want ten years to go by without addressing that. I'd also like to have a novel published. But mostly, I want to be able to look back on those 10 years w/o regretting how I spent my time. My kids will only be babies once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In ten years, I'd like to look back with my husband and be wowed at the spiritual journey we've taken together and the children who will then be 19, 20, and 23 (ouch!) and seet the Spirit's fire brightly shining.

    @Lynn, I'll settle for a size 8 and you can give me your old clothes that don't fit. Seriously, you are so right, kids are only small for such a small time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!