Monday, January 3, 2011

~ Facing 2011 ~

Photo Copyright 2011 Alycia Morales
Nerf Guns are a huge hit with my boys this Christmas. Dad is even excited by their new toys and leads daily Nerf Gun fights, taking the boys by surprise.
As I square off with 2011, there are a few things I'd like to take by surprise, as well. However, I can do nothing without God. 
 
As I read the Word this morning, I found myself mulling over the words of Proverbs 3:5-6 again. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." 
  
I remembered I need God first in my life. I need Him before I make any decisions. I need Him before I face the day. I need Him to direct my steps, my paths, and my journey. Without God, I have and am nothing. 
So, as I face 2011, I will be putting God's will first. I will seek Him daily in prayer and through reading His word. I will listen for His guidance in all things important and otherwise...family, church, writing, finances, and the daily to-do-list. And in doing so, I have great expectations for what 2011 will bring. 
What is your top priority in this new year? Please feel free to share with us! Leave your comment below... 

3 comments:

  1. I must say, 2011 is exciting for me. Our family went through literal Hell in 2010 and with God's grace, we saw it through. As for me, 2011 will bring peace. I need a stronger sence of peace in my life. I try so hard to make everyone happy, healthy, pleased, proud, but every morning, after thanking God for another day, I find myself not quite at peace with my life. Not that I'm not happy. I am very happy. It's just that I still ask "why" too often. I must stop asking "why" and saying "thank you". I guess I may never truly understand "why" about almost anything, but does it really matter "why"?? No. It is because God said it is. That's it.
    So, my priority this year? Find the peace that he promised us. Then, every day, every challenge, every road block, I will face it with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I hope that you had a blessed holiday time! I wish you all God's best in the new year!

    I am looking forward to victories this year...I truly need to see God come on the scene in many areas....so for that I am trusting.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such talent with your writing-from dawn S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!