Wednesday, June 23, 2010

~ Wisdom for Wednesday ~

"Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, 
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." 
- Psalm 51:6

"For the Lord gives wisdom; 
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." 
- Proverbs 2:6

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling, but the lifelong attempt to acquire it." 
- Albert Einstein

"A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan
for possible defeat." - Louis L'Amour 
(Go grandpa! ...my grandfather loved reading Louis L'Amour's books. 
His shelves were full of them.)

"A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion." 
- Chinese Proverb

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction 
that I had nowhere to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, 
seemed insufficient for the day." 
- Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!