Thursday, October 15, 2009

Can I Be Superwoman for a Day?

I was just thinking this morning about all that I have to accomplish or would like to accomplish over the next few weeks.

We're on the move again, so there is a lot to get done. In the midst of that, my sister is coming down for a visit, which we're all really excited about!

So, time is short (even though I still have 24 hours in every day), and I have a lot to do. I was just wondering if I could be Superwoman for the rest of October?

We're getting close to Harvest Party time, so I thought maybe this could work well for me. Upon wondering that question, that Still Small Voice said to me, "You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you."

I remembered that God is with me always, and in His strength and ability, I can find rest.

See, when I try to be Superwoman on my own, striving to get things accomplished in my own timing, I end up feeling run down faster than the speed of light. I get edgy. I get ornery, and I get my whole family cranky. (A wise woman once said that it is the woman who sets the tone in a house.) And, I end up feeling guilty and hating myself for it.

BUT GOD...said that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can find my joy in Him to carry me through the busy times in life. I can rest in Him knowing that I have 24 hours in a day, which He has blessed me with. I can find peace in knowing that He has a perfect schedule for me to follow, if I will be still long enough to listen for it.

I am thankful that I find my strength in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!