Friday, September 18, 2009

Time For Changes

Have you ever had one of those "Aha!" moments where you realize that you've been doing things incorrectly or inadequately for too long?

I've had that nagging feeling in the back of my head and tugging on my heart for awhile now. It's the one that keeps saying, "You're not getting your priorities straight. You're missing something big. You're in need of some rearranging in your daily life. You need to make some changes."

Yeah, I'm having one of those moments this morning.

The next question would naturally be, "Well, what are you going to do about it?" Answering that (in my case, anyway) is going to take a little research, a lot of self-examination, and some amount of hard and diligent work.

I do know that one of the first things that I will be doing about it is putting me back into the priority section of my to-do-list. What sparked this moment? It could be my husband getting upset this morning because he sees that I am clearly short-selling myself and my talents.

Which is why "a lot of self-examination" is at the second place on my to-do list.

The more important side of what sparked this is that deep desire burning inside of my gut, that large knot of anticipation that says something bigger and better is coming soon to my life, that still small voice of God that keeps whispering, "I have something better for you. I have something that you know you desire but feel you have no way to get. I have wisdom and knowledge and the power to make it a reality for you."

If you've heard that voice, then you know exactly what I am talking about. It's the one thing in my life that I just can't deny succumbing to. It's the voice that I trust and believe.

So, between God speaking to my heart for too long now and my husband getting extremely frustrated with me for short-selling myself, it's time to get active and start making some changes.

A short list of some of those changes will be these, I'm sure:

1. Blog for myself much more frequently, like, say, at least once daily...on BOTH of my blogs.

2. Start the social network running a little more regularly (i.e. Tweet, use Facebook for promotion of my Etsy shop, my blogs, and more...). Maybe as I get them up and running smoothly, I'll be able to add more to the list, but I want to start slow and steady with smaller steps. Then, one day I'll be able to leap and bound without falling on my face in a puddle and coming short of my goals.

3. Look at what I specialize in and go for that! Stop trying to be what others want me to be, and be what I dream of being! God is the One who gave these desires and dreams to my heart...why would I follow something else? It's those areas that I love and want to be involved in that are my areas of expertise! So, I look forward to what is in store, because it can only be really great if it's going to require this much change in me. Here's to a new approach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!