Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Desire to Inspire


I just couldn't help but think of this title, as I was pondering what to write in my thoughtful spot...My immediate response to this was, what exactly is it to inspire? So, I looked it up for a full definition.

Inspire: to inhale; to stimulate or impel, as to some creative effort; to motivate as by divine influence; to arouse (a thought or feeling) in someone; to occasion or cause; to give inspiration

Deep down inside of me, I have this desire to inspire others, whether it be through a word I've written, a word I've spoken, or a creative expression I've put forth through the use of my creativity. That inspiration comes from deep in my heart, and I know that God has put it there. I hope that I inspire people to think about things they normally wouldn't, to look at things in a way that they normally wouldn't, and to see the beauty in the lives and the creation around us. I hope that I inspire people to try new things. I hope that I inspire people to change their circumstances and to better their situations. I hope that I inspire people to be real.

What inspires me? I am inspired first and foremost by the Word of God. I take God's Word and apply it to my life on a daily basis. Usually, it turns out to be an hourly basis, or a minute-by-minute basis! I am inspired by His creation and the life that lives around me. Whether it's a sunset, a skyline, a flower, the leaves changing, the fresh snowfall (where the world is full of silent stillness and glistening beauty), or the giggles of a child, I know that He created them all just for me to enjoy.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 reads, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instructions in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." I want to be inspired by God, and it is in His word that I find these things. I want to be inspired to grow, to change, to leave behind me those things that hinder my growth in Christ. I want to be complete in Jesus, and to be ready to do all that I am called to do, whether it is to grow with my husband, raise my children, to homeschool my children, to minister to others, to serve others, to create new things, to sell those creations, whatever it may be.

I am inspired by others. I love to hear what others think and feel and do! I love to look at their work and wonder how they created what they did. I love to sit and sip coffee with my friends or family and hear their stories! A lot of the time I have much to say, but I get so wrapped up in listening to these conversations that I never say anything at all! I love to hear a great sermon on Sunday morning. My Pastor inspires me to follow hard after Christ for the rest of the week. I am inspired by my parents. I could tell some great stories from my family tree. My children inspire me, as I listen to their wonderfully imaginative stories of other worlds and super heroes.

I am most definitely inspired by my husband! He challenges me in ways that I never knew I could be challenged! It is great to be able to grow together with him as we continue down this road called life!

My question to you is, what inspires you? Think about it this week, and maybe send a note out to someone who pops up in your thoughts! Maybe, just maybe, you'll end up inspiring them in return for their inspiration in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!