Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Day 1 - Trials and Afflictions

"Oh, bless our God, you peoples!
 And make the voice of His praise to be heard,
 Who keeps our soul among the living,
 And does not allow our feet to be moved.
 For You, O God, have tested us;
 You have refined us as silver is refined.
 You brought us into the net;
 You laid affliction on our backs.
 You have caused men to ride over our heads;
 We went through fire and water;
 But You brought us out to rich fulfillment." - Isaiah 66:8-12


I am thankful for the trials and afflictions in life that bring me into God's rich fulfillment. These challenges and sorrows are never easy to walk through. Like waves of an ocean, they come crashing down on life, breaking me into pieces and washing me of the sins that have attached themselves to my heart. Like the flames of a fire, they lick at the parts of me that need to be burned as chaff, refined, honed for the Master's plan. It is only after the battle that I recognize the results. A newness of life. A permanent change in God's glory. A fresh perspective. The ability to minister to others who have felt my pain. Rich fulfillment. Life abundant.

And so, I will praise the Lord. I will raise my voice and make His name known. I will glorify the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!