Monday, January 24, 2011

Resting

Photo Copyright 2010 Alycia W. Morales

I apologize, but today is just one of those days where I need to rest. I've fought the sleepy bug for three days now, resisting the nap that steals my time away. But, I'm finding myself with droopy eyes, slow thoughts, and a heavy head this morning. 

Have you ever had days like these? Days where you have a To-Do-List a mile long, yet the first cup of coffee has no effect on your alertness? 

I've spent the past two weeks with snow days, holidays, teacher work days, and sick days keeping my children from their regular school schedule. In the meantime, I've read a lot of books, blogs, and magazines. I've cleaned out the garbage can multiple times, doled out children's Tylenol and prescription syrups that smell like fermented chalk. And now, it's my turn to lay down and sleep it off. (Without the stomach bug, thank goodness. Just a sleepy bug.)

My dear hubby texted me this morning to ask, "What's up?" He's like clockwork - every morning at 10. I love it!

My response was this: "not much...feeling like a slug...i think i'm going to plug in my laptop, write a few devotions or articles, and take a nap...real sleepy...don't need a migraine..."

I don't use capital letters when texting him. He isn't picky about those grammar things.

His reply (God love him!) was: "Rest up, love you."

I rest in knowing I have his blessing to take a day off and recuperate from the past two weeks of taking care of our kids. I rest in knowing I can lay down for a couple of hours and relax, without interruptions and needs of others interfering with my own need for sleep. I rest in knowing God made this day for me to take a peaceful nap while He restores my body for another week's work...

What do you rest in today? 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm resting in my house now that the older two are at school. Crazy weekend, and I'm glad for the quieter times with my preschoolers. Also resting in the fact that we're having leftovers tonight and I don't have to cook!

    So glad you connected on Twitter. Seems like we're kindred spirits. Have a wonderful, restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurie! I'm glad we've connected, too! Enjoy your leftovers. We've enjoyed ours over the weekend. I think it's time for something fresh tonight, just have to figure out what...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!