Thursday, December 2, 2010

~ Thursday Ten ~

If I could get "selfish" for one moment, I thought I'd share my Christmas List with you this Thursday morning. Next week, I'll try to be a little less "selfish" and give you a list of what I'd wish for others this Christmas season...
1. IPad - I've been drooling during commercials, and it's totally Oprah's fault this even made it to my list. (I don't expect to get it this year, though. Maybe next year...)

2. A Blu-ray Player - It's time to move on from my several-years-old DVD player. Besides, I've got several Blu-ray dics in the midst of my DVD collection. It's time to get the right player.
3. Gift cards to Barnes and Noble, Books-a-Million, or amazon.com - What can I say? I'm a writer and a reader. My need for books is like my need for air. They bring life to my world.

4. Cash for Conference - http://www.brmcwc.com    Need I say more? I must go!
5. Gift Cards to Starbucks, Polo Grounds, or Joe Muggs - So I can enjoy a decaf mocha while browsing the shelves or hiding in a corner to write.
6. Redeemable Coupons from Hubby - These would read things like, "Free Night Out," "Meet me for Date Night," "Take a Weekend Off: Visit a Friend," "Ignore the Housework for a Day, I'll Have the Kids Clean Up," "No Cooking for One Week," "Lock Yourself in the Bedroom for a Night to Write." 
7. Gift Certificate to Creative Memories - So I can order at least three digital scrapbook albums this year...I have over 50,000 photos waiting on discs for their debuts on a page.

8. Blu-ray Discs - To go with my player, of course! Titles? Hmmm... Eclipse, Couples Retreat, Emma (the one starring Kate Beckinsale), The Last Song, Dear John, and Despicable Me.
9. Chocolate - Who doesn't want chocolate in their stocking? Hershey's, Ferrero Rocher, Lindt's...yeah, you get the picture. ;)
10. To Be With My Family in NY -  Okay, so this one is the most unselfish request on my list, but I am looking very forward to traveling to the Northeast for the holidays. Christmas will hopefully have snow and icicles and dark nights with Christmas lights. Hot coffee with pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies. A buffet of delectable foods and family around the dining room table and across the living room floor. Nieces and Grandmas. Sisters and friends. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your list! Probably because mine is so similar!! Coffee, good books, good movies, scrapbook supplies and time to write...sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!