Wednesday, October 20, 2010

~ Catching Up ~

Forgive me for not posting at the end of last week and the beginning of this week; our family went on vacation. For the first time in several years.
It was a short vacation, only four days. Two of those were filled with travel. However, traveling along the Blue Ridge Parkway for an afternoon feels like vacation to me. Except when I look over the edge as my husband winds up the steep mountain road. Then it feels like I might fall off the edge while my knuckles turn white from gripping the handle on my Yukon's door. (Like that will really help if we do cascade over the edge of the mountain.) 

So, on Monday I was musing about the glory of God and how He is evident in all of creation. His beauty can be seen in the fall foliage (insert photo here...blogger is updating something and photo uploading is down for the moment). His joy can be found in a child's smile or their innocent laughter. His love can be seen in the eyes of one's spouse. His Truth is all around us. It's simply up to us to open our eyes, hearts and ears to it.

On Tuesday I was considering tips for camping with kids. Bring extra blankets during cooler months. Indoor swimming pools are a great way to wear them out at the end of a day. Have a steady supply of tissues, band aids and simple snacks that are easy to grab and go (like Pop Tarts, fresh fruit, fruit snacks, crackers, etc.). Let Dad give them a cup of coffee in the morning, if he wishes. Watch them smile as they feel like one of the grown ups, drinking it down. Enjoy every moment without wishing you were back home with private bath rooms and a washer and dryer at your disposal. If someone spills something on your bed cover at 9:00PM, don't fret. It's not the end of the world as we know it...

And for wisdom on Wednesday? "O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions -" (Psalm 104:24) Like I said before, God's evidence is everywhere. His earth is full of His possessions. Autumn is a great time to view them! 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! And it sounds like you had a lovely time! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here at My Thoughtful Spot! I love hearing them!